Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What I'll be watching this season!

Well this is a list of what I(and likely Rubi too) will be watching in the following drama season! Right now, we're watching a few dramas. I still have Liar Game to watch, Bambino and Hanayome to Papa to finish, and Hotaru no Hikari to continue. Not to mention the other dramas from 2 seasons ago I was watching that I have to re get due to my data loss, these include Yamada Tarou Monogatari, Stand Up!, Tantei Gakuen Q, HanaKimi, and Proposal Daisakusen. This time I will watch them weekly and try not to wait up on anyone to slow me down, see I hate seeing series by myself, but the downfall is that the only way to watch it entirely without takin 5 years is to watch it alone. Rubi or my friend Jojo will probably see at least one series with me, so we'll see. Here's what I will be watching and some thoughts of it:

Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai : This drama sounds fun because of the way it's different from what I usually watch. It's either high school kids, or adults around 25 to 30. And it's either in a high school, or a neighborhood, or an office. This time it's likely to be in a court room a lot, and knowing next to nothing of how Japanese courts work, it should be interesting. Sure it's not gonna be a 100% real depiction, but it's a start.

One Pound Gospel : Usually I watch dramas for actors of whom I'm a fan of. When I saw this title I thought "Oh cool, I've heard of an anime of this buy never saw it, although people have told me it was good." But then I saw that Kazuya Kamenashi was in it, so now I HAVE to watch it. I first saw Kamenashi in Nobuta, and his dramas are always good, and he's a great actor. So I can't wait to see this. I bet KAT-TUN's new single will also be the op, which makes for total win, too bad Yukan Club was a total piece of crap.

Mirai Koshi Meguru : Like above, I saw the lead, Fukuda Kyoko, in Yama Onna Kabe Onna, so I think I'll give this one a shot. The plot sounds ok, and the drama seems like it'll be average, but it could also turn out to be good.

Edison no Haha : Itoh Misaki. Nuff said. The plot sounds ok too.

4 Shimai Tantei Dan : Bunch of cute girls, including(but not limited to), Ichikawa Yui and Kato Natsuki. <3~ href="http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daisuki%21%21">Daisuki!! : This one I'm thinking about, but might leave for later. I am also seeing Taiyou no Uta and 1 Liter of Tears, and I probably can't take another fucking tragedy. But it seems good so I'll give it a try.

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi
: Doesn't seem too great from what I read, but Ayase Haruka's in it, so I'll give it a shot anyway.

Koshonin
: As much as I love a good detective drama, this one sounds average. Who knows, though, it might turn out to be good so a shot is in store. It has a pretty good all star cast too. Yonekura Ryoko is the lead, I last(and first) saw her in Katagoshi no Koibito, which I recently finished(and was excellent). Also is Tantei Gakuen Q and 1 Liter of Tears' Jinnai Takanori, HanaKimi's Shirota Yu, and veteran Takahashi Katsumi.

Aoi Yu x Yottsu no Uso : The format is different and interesting and the feeling I get is that it will be fresh all the time, and most importantly cute little Aoi Yu will be in it!

Saito-san : I'm giving this a skeptical shot. I don't know any of the actors and the plot doesn't seem that good. We'll see.

Binbo Danshi : Oguri Shun? Yamada Yu? A theme song by Bennie K? WHAT MORE DO I WANT!? The story seems like it'll be fun and I love these people. Definitely watching this one!

Ashita no Kita Yoshio : Holy crap, this shit is serious. Sounds good too.

Bara no nai Hanaya
: Ok so the plot doesn't reall convince me, but the lead guy is from SMAP, the lead chick is cute, the hawt teacher from Stand Up!!, and Jirou from Hana Yori Dango are all there, the cast seems real good so I'll be giving it a shot.

Honey and Clover : This is my number one pick for the season. I've seen the movie and both anime, and I absolutely LOVE this story. I can relate to every character, but Takemoto the lead guy is the one I most identify with. This story has left a huge mark on me, and I really can't wait to see what they do with a drama series. While the movie was kinda dissapointing, it wasn't really so bad. Narumi Riko plays Hagu, I loved her in 1 Liter and in Juuken no Kamisama(even though the drama itself was crap), but I just don't see her as Hagu or some reason. Ikuta Toma is in it and I really like him, but I really don't see him as Takemoto. Narimiya Hiroki plays Morita... He was in Stand Up!! And I think I know who he is(I forget their names since I don't watch it often due to subs not being out), so if it's who I think it is, I LOVE this guy for Morita. Fits perfectly! Yamada and Mayama's actors I've seen in other dramas but don't remember them at all. The rest of the cast I actually don't know either, same as the rest above. It's all good though, I just hope they don't ruin the characters' personalities.

I'll post detailed reviews about them once I see them. Till next post!

No comments: