Thursday, December 27, 2007

A bit on music...

Definitely the most anticipated single for me this year was, without a doubt, AKG's (Asian Kung-Fu Generation) After Dark. After a long absence and not releasing a single since 2006, After Dark filled that hungry need I had for a new ubber single. Ubber for me anyways XD Its upbeat and has a great rhythm and they finally seemed to have come back from the style they worked on Fanclub, which was good but I didn't like that album as much as Kimi Tsunagi 5 M or Sol-fa. I was a bit let down with the second track on the single, since its usually just as good as the
1st one.

Next up would be an anime theme from this season. The more noticeable one for me -besides After Dark, which I learned about before I knew it was going to be Bleach's new op- is D gray man's Doubt & Trust, which goes amazingly well with the new opening animation and above anything, it goes well with the sudden turn the story has taken, so much drama and action ><;; High & Mighty Color's Amazing was also a nice addition for the holiday season, being both catchy and with a nice rock beat. The 3rd track called Parade also got my attention, especially cause it somehow reminded me of a Morning Musume song, don't ask.

Last but not least is Erika Sawajiri or ERIKA or Kaoru Amane XD I first saw this girl in the dorama 1 litre of tears. Really, you either want to suicide yourself once you see that show or you want to live life to the fullest, I chose the latter. Anyways it was Uska that told me that she started a singing career. I didn't look her up for music until I saw the drama Taiyou no uta. Which I liked a lot ^_^ and it wasn't as depressing. I kinda liked the songs she sang in the drama and that's where I began to check out her music. I've now listened to all her singles and I can say she has the potential and the songs are nice, still room for improvement but otherwise Destination nowhere and Taiyou no uta have been stuck on me for some time now.

A quick roundup on what I saw in a recent musicstation:
  1. Ayumi Hamasaki talks freaky, as if I didn't already know that.
  2. I think I've only seen like 2 musicstations where Ayumi isn't a guest.
  3. BOA sounded pretty good, but above everything she's v-pretty and dances pretty damn good.
  4. Cocco took me by surprised despite her weirdness, hell I'm weird too. She sang beautifully though.
  5. Boy band boy bands... They never seem to get my attention.
  6. Remioromen was nice, got the mp3
  7. Morning Musume wasn't in the Musicstation super live, poor souls, they're on their way to death.
On a side note, haromoni@ sucks bad, as if I didn't already know that, but really... its bad...

No comments: