Sunday, August 19, 2007

THE DRAMAS

Well, I'm gonna use the blog to post my thoughts about stuff of pop culture that i'm involved with. Right now I'm seeing a bunch of Japanese dramas. Man oh man, there's too many to name. Let's start with a review of the one of the ones I'm following regularly right now.

I just finished 14sai no haha. In my myspace not too long back I wrote this:
"This was a drama that actually surprised me. I'm half way through it, and it's been real good so far. It's(as the title suggests) about a 14 year old girl that becomes pregnant, and how her life around her changes quickly. It's really down to earth, even though the circumstances of the two kids having sex was a little unrealistic. The acting also surprised me, since usually Japanese actors don't deliver really impressive performances, I gotta say all the characters in this drama really seemed beleiveable, especially the father."

This till stands. I thought the drama played out the situation really well. Whether you agree with the fact that she gave birth and didn't have an abortion or not, what's important about this drama is that they gave a real importance to life, and that even though it will be hard, living up to the consequences of your actions, at least in my opinion, is the right way to go. But I think apart from that, the actual point of the drama was to show that sex DOES have consequences, at least if you don't use the rubber. This is something that apparently a lot of teens, and teens in Japan(since this is where the drama comes from) apparently aren't so knowledgeable about. They need to give kids more sex ed and we'd probably have a lot less teenage moms. I guess the problem runs a bit deeper than that, because sometimes the teens know but they don't take the precautions anyway. Kudos to 14sai no haha for trying to bring up awareness about this subject matter.
Well that's it for now, ill review a new one tomorow. See you then!

1 comment:

キャットアシュリ / 凯诗丽 said...

いいねそのブログ。今私も14才の母を観ていますよ。^^ (On eps. 7). 面白いな番組だと思う。