Sunday, August 26, 2007

AKB48's concert tour was a big pile of loli fodder...

...and I loved it. I've recently acquired a copy of the AKB48 concert tour, entitled Haru no Chotto Dake Zengoku Tour Mada mada Daze! and let me tell you, I loved it. I started really getting into jpop back in 04 when I discovered Morning Musume and Hello! Project, but I discovered AKB48 some time last year when I got an Oricon pack and they featured the song Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru. The song's name means "My uniform gets in the way", and yes it gets in the way of what you're probably thinking because everyone's thoughts are innately perverted, and yes the song is the most pervy song evar. One thing I will say however is that AKB48 is so idolrific that it's an immediate win on my book. The songs range from adult-ish in Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, to controversial like Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou, which deals with teen suicide, and upbeat cute songs like Bingo!, Aitakatta, and Today Only.

The Concert tour I must say was quite awesome. I saw all the girls of all teams, and thankfully the ones I like are all legal, which makes me SO not a pedo. Their live performance was pretty high quality, the girls all dance and sing very well for being a live performance, a feat not many idol groups can do. Downside is that the concert didn't feel so well because the crowd was off. They didn't really cheer that much or anything and kept pretty quiet. One thing I love about Hello! Project concerts is that the wota give the concerts so much energy that it complements the on stage performance of the groups. Other than that, they did a really great show that I only wish I could've been there to witness live.

The DVD brought an extra behind the scenes feature that showed them rehearsing for the concert, which was pretty cool because you get to see some of the girl's personality when they're not performing. They seem like your regular run of the mill Japanese girls, giggling and exchanging mail on their cellphones. Then came this evil woman who's name I'm not so sure of yet, but she's their dance instructor. She also is the dance instructor for Morning Musume, and she drives the girls so hard they cry. I always laugh when this happens, and as cruel as it may sound I get a certain satisfaction from seeing them cry because the dance instructor scolded them. xD]

Anyhoo, checking out AKB48 is definitely worth it, and getting the concert DVD is a great buy. I do however suggest that if you can see them live if you happen to be in Japan, they put on a really nice show. Next time I'll review either the drama Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, aka HanaKimi, or the Morning Musume Sexy8 Beat Concert Tour which I haven't had the chance to see yet. See you soon!

1 comment:

Radicalpatriot said...

I know this is an old post, but your statements are very much on-point. You would think that a group so seemingly limited as AKB48 (using almost exclusively schoolgirl uniforms and crammed into the tiny Dn Quixote Hotel's eight-floor theater) would interesting at all, but it is.
Rad