Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ash like Snow, Uska hates teh weaboos!

Let me start this post by apologizing for not covering the Kouhaku or anything else soon enough. I'll get to that soon enough(though you might have already watched it).

Right now I'd like to say a few things about weaboos. Man do I hate em. Especially those who think they know about something because it's in an anime. In this case, it's about stupid fans on Youtube comparing Brilliant Green's new single, Ash like Snow, and Brilliant Green itself to High and Mighty Color, as if Brilliant Green was new to the scene and trying to gain fame by being like High and Mighty Color, only "softer". Sure this song is a bit heavier than what we're used to with Brilliant Green, but come on people. Do a little research. Brilliant Green has been around for about 10 years now, they don't need to capitalize on High and Mighty Color for anything. Not only that, their style, as well as the style for this particular song, is completely different from High and Mighty Color. This of course comes from weaboos who think that L'arc~en~Ciel and Ayumi Hamasaki are THE artists for jpop(and to them the only existing ones), and the ones who think that the best jrock comes from goth lolita cross dressing guy Visual Kei bands that all sound alike. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate L'arc or Ayu(actually I do hate Ayu lol), but I think they're highly overrated. Moreover, I do like my Visual Kei when it comes to a quality band like Psycho le Cemu, but there's a lot more to Japanese music than that, or the music you hear only in anime.




Ok, now that I've done my rant, I'll get on to talking about the PV. It was, for the most part, boring. I mean I've seen worst. I've seen PVs that are basically just hte band standing around singing. In fact that reminds me of L'arc's PV for Ready Steady Go. The song is so win, but whoever directed the PV has managed to make possibly the most boring PV on the planet. But, there is a lot of good to be said about the PV too.

For starters, the set was amazing. Things exploded, lava came bursting out of the ground, and well anything that goes boom is win on my book. The costumes were pretty cool, I liked seeing Tomoko in a soldier outfit, and she looks as beautiful as ever. The bike and Haro are kinda random, but I'm willing to overlook it. Plus there's one factor that makes this PV automatically cool:



KILLER SNIPER PANDAS! hahahahaha

The song itself was nicely paced. I was impressed with how well they came back after a few years hiatus with Stand by Me, Tantei Gakuen Q's ending theme. The song was great, but the pacing was as how I was used to with Brilliant Green. However, even though this song is faster paced, it retains Green's very nice, calm, and mellow feel to it. The song is worth buying, and I might put it up on my shopping list later this month, along with Stand by Me. I also can't wait to hear it on a weekly basis as I watch my Gundam OO!

There's one more thing I'd like to comment on quickly.

There's a new Aria series coming, called Aria the Origination. Seriously, is anyone even watching this? Did anyone even watch the first two series? What were the ratings? I know Aria's nice because it's a good change to have a little pure anime, but nothing ever happens in Aria. I saw a few episodes and I concluded that this series was made for children. And not for them to watch it, it was made for putting those children to sleep. The perfect babysitter! Anyway, Aria fans PLEASE tell me what's good about this series, even though I think it's not exactly my cup of tea.

No comments: